The list of documents mandatory for VISA submission are:
2. A completed VISA application form with three Schengen VISA format photos
3. Covering letter
4. Original acceptance of enrolment by Italian Institution/University.
5. Original Educational certificates and Declaration of Value (DOV)
6. Online Pre-enrolment (Form A)
7. Adequate proof of lodging/ accommodation (Hotel booking for 10 Days min is also fine)
8. Proof of financial means of support not less than 6 Lakhs
9. In case of a sponsor, letter of commitment from the sponsor with photo id proof
10. Passport photocopy-front and last page (Self-explanatory)
11. Photocopies of all previous Schengen VISA.
12. One-way flight bookings.
The above checklist is for a quick view. Though it looks simple there are many things to be considered when you are collecting documents for the VISA process. Please make sure that you collect all the documents well before the VISA submission date (At least 4 days before) and confirm it with the VFS global services.
There are three constraints related to this document. If these constraints are satisfied this document qualifies for submission
• the passport should be issued within the previous 10 years and the validity should not exceed 10 years.
• At least have a validity of 3 months after intended stay, with at least two blank pages
2. VISA application form:
Please find the attachment for visa guidelines. The VFS requires 3 VISA photos though it is mentioned in the requisite documents as 2 VISA photos. (35/45MM size)
3. Covering letter:
A covering letter is a mandatory document and it can be sent addressing the VISA officer of the region which you belong to. The following details should be mentioned in the letter.
• Name of the applicant
• Purpose of visit- Mention the university and the course you are going to join
• How the expenses would be managed? Please mention if you have education bank loan, amount in the bank and also in case of any sponsors or scholarships
• Travel dates for the journey (flight bookings) and the duration of stay
4. Acceptance letter:
Admission Letter Issued by University.
5. Educational documents:
Original degree certificate with Apostile and consolidated mark sheet has to be submitted.
The Declaration of Value (DOV) is not mandatory at the time of Visa application if you can get a letter from university about it.
6. Pre-enrolment (Form-A):
Online Preenrolment Form received from University.
7. Adequate proof of lodging/ accommodation:
If the university provides accommodation, a document from the university stating the period of accommodation provided should be submitted.
If it is external accommodation, submit the copy of your booking (in case of hotels) or the signed rental agreement.
8. Proof of financial means of support:
The most important document to be presented. If your finance is from the following sources, note that you have to submit the respective documents.
• Educational Bank loan- Sanction letter and signed agreement deed.
• Bank deposit- An account statement from the bank for the past 6 months with each page duly signed and sealed by the Bank manager.
9. Letter of commitment from sponsor:
A letter from the sponsor that he/she accepts to provide you the financial assistance during the period of study. I think that the students with educational loan also has to provide this document as the co-borrower is your sponsor in this case.
It can be provided as an affidavit with any stamp paper such as 20 or 100 in an A-4 sheet.
12. One-way flight bookings:
There is a difference between flight bookings (blocked tickets) and original tickets (booked flight tickets). Blocked tickets can be issued for a period of 72 hours for which a minimum fee of say 100 to 500 is charged. Yatra.com provides this service for free of cost. On the other hand, booked flight tickets are issued only when the complete air fare is paid (say 23K to 30K).
For VISA submission a one way blocked tickets to the country is enough.
Insurance is also required for VISA application.
We will provide you with a 1 month Insurance for Free of cost which covers 30,000Euros.
Once after getting Visa it is recommended to take 1 year Italian Visa. Which costs around 150 to 160 Euros/year.